Stories

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Angelina started by Bev Bronson

I am jealous of Angelina. She has beautiful lips, a drop-dead gorgeous body and she could look beautiful wearing a potato sack. But it is not really her looks, her live-in boyfriend Brad or all her varieties of children. It is how she connected to the world, her being a goodwill ambassador for the USA, cleaning up the tarnished image of our country. I like how she walks barefoot in other countries, wears no makeup and seems to be a free  spirit. I guess I envy her.

But if I am not careful, I find myself trying to be her. Now, I am okay but a few months ago, before I got my medication, I was trying to get my hands on hr stuff. Anything she threw out was my treasure because it once was hers. Her old pants, her old t-shirts, even her old sox. I still have several pairs in my closet.
If she knew what I was doing or if she could glimpse my thoughts, she'd be mortified.In my family home up in Union Pier, MI, I hid the things that once belonged to her. No one ever goes top this old dilapidated house anymore, so I'm sure they'll never discover the treasures that are mine alone. The hardest task is extracting and keeping her scent. I've found that if I smell an item too often I loose her smell and that's the last thing I want to do. SO I've come up with a way to savor her pheromones. I'm really amazed with the smell of the woman.
I spend my my days sitting amongst her things, smelling the armpits of her worn t-shirts because that's where the smells linger most. Sometimes, I can smell her perfume - if I am lucky. God, I hope nobody sees me like this.
The summer months pass and it is time that I head home. Something brought me back to reality and I realize that I've lost it. I'm sitting in a bizarre collection of Angelina's things and I have no friends, no connection to the real world. Maybe it was the bank account getting lower. Maybe it was the empty refrigerator. Maybe it was the dried baby formula on a t-shirt that reeked me into reality.
THIS WAS A CLASS PROJECT -5/14/08 black = Lin, blue = Nora, red = Frank, purple = Bev

2 comments:

butterfly woman said...

This was a fun project. Glad you shared it since it showed writing exercises we do in class. How each of us has uniqueness which can be combined into a story.Amazing how a somewhat "factual" beginning became so hilariously funny. Maybe this might be exercise to do on the blog.
What do you fellow writers think?

Soulsearcher said...

I wish I could have at class to participate in this. I'm missed all of you, but I had a terrible day and was not feeling well. Actually I was about half way there when I turned around and came back. Hopefully, I will be there next week at the usual time and Frank will have another interesting assignment for us to work on.