Stories

Monday, September 15, 2008

Putting My Voice Out to the World


"The Hawk"
Watercolor and Pen & Ink
Hi all,
Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Writer's Readings at Barnes and Noble on Friday night. And it was good publicity for the Center and all the wonderful teachers who reside there. We had a nice cozy group of writers and a great receptive audience to hear our creations. I found myself rather relaxed in front of the group as I was reading. I must have gone into a zone, merging with my words, going into a subconscious trance? It was a growth experience for me, pushing me outside of my box. I think it is very powerful not only to write our passion, but to speak it out to the world. I was quite energized by the experience and hope to do more of them. I know several of us are talking about future possibilities and venues. Any thoughts about this, please comment.
The painting of a hawk posted here goes along with the story that I read at Barnes and Noble. I wrote a story about nature and how humans can damage the fragile ecosystem. The hawk was the central character. I will post the story here soon but it is quite long. Well, enough being inside now. The sun is shining and I want to fly towards this beautiful ball of glow and dry my wings. (Yes, I've become the character I've written)! Am I a ghost writer now?
Bev

2 comments:

Tao Master said...

It was a wonderful night indeed. Thanks to Jan who read, Sharon, and Bev. You guys all blew me away. And the crowd too. You guys, (a Chicago tern), are getting where I would like you to go - writing with heart and passion. Keep up the good work.
Frank

Soulsearcher said...

It sounds like it went very well. I'm sorry I missed it, but my husband and I were out celebrating my daughter's birthday. Maybe next time!