Dear Writing Class People:
I have wrestled with this for quite awhile. For weeks, no even months I have been trying to beat my own depression by leading these writing classes at the Center. Sadly, I must now admit defeat. I am exhausted and depleted. I no longer have the strength to go on. So I am ending my classes at the Center - at least my being in charge of them. I have talked to Beverly and she will run them with Ruth whom you might know as the Poetry Lady. They will now be held in the barn as all rooms are booked for this week. I hope you don't mind. Bring a portable chair and a rosy attitude.
I will return in a few weeks, as soon as the ProZac begins working. I hope you will be patient with me. In my absence, I expect that you will use the writing classes to make chit-chat and to gossip about me. Try not to be cruel to Beverly because she is evil and will cast a jinx spell on you. I have given Ruth permission to borrow your work for her own uses. So I hope that you can at least write something worth stealing. I know you can.
The nurse is coming now and I do not want her seeing me using the computer - she has threatened to lock out YouTube and MySpace if she caught me looking at the blog. I do not want that to happen because I know that the Cat of a 1000 faces is looking for me. I feel that something clawful will happen soon. I hear the voices in my head and I want them to stop -
They keep shouting the same refrain over and over again:
APRIL FOOL
YOU ARE AN APRIL FOOL
bye for now
Prozac Mouse (formerly Taomaster)
Stories
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
The End has Come
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I was buying it right until the "class in the barn" part. I thought--"Oh my, that might be chilly." I hate April Fools day because I am truly an April (May, June, July....) Fool as I fall prey every year. Thanks a lot, Frank! Enjoy your medication.
Wow! I was really disappointed by this at first because I think your humor adds to the class and I would have really missed it. I especially enjoy hearing you read your stories. If only I could be just as humorous and creative when I write, but I tend toward being serious--so who's really depressed here anyway?!? I hope to see you on Wednesday--not in the barn--but in whatever other room they choose house us in for the evening.
Wow! I was really disappointed by this at first because I think your humor adds to the class and I would have really missed it. I especially enjoy hearing you read your stories. If only I could be just as humorous and creative when I write, but I tend toward being serious--so who's really depressed here anyway?!? I hope to see you on Wednesday--not in the barn--but in whatever other room they choose house us in for the evening.
I was ready to hide in the barn when
told I'd have to lead the group and
be taomaster's caretaker as well!
Yikes....
Well anyway, good way to let out your "pain" so to speak and yet keep it light. A good lesson for me.
Now take your prozac like a good little boy so you can function in class.
Marlotus O'Keefe (formerly known
as Bev)
Post a Comment