Stories

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The forest calling

  It was heaven. At least I thought so, since I was where I wanted to be, sitting on this bench which happened to be in the middle of the woods. All around me, life was blossoming as can only happen in springtime. Birds flying, squirrels scampering, and best of all no biting insects could be found. Most importantly, there was no trace of humanity.

Don't get me wrong, I do like people, it is just every now and then I feel a need to be be alone away from anything human. This is one of those times, so I am happy even though I am alone.
I love doing this, sitting and vegetating. Breathe in, breathe out, release. I was mellow when I came here and I am mellow now. Sitting here, I can forget about the ego-me. I am the watcher and nature is  my entertainment. The more I look, the more I see, sense and feel. The very air seems charged with energy. Flora and fauna moving, seeking, growing. That mysterious energy somehow seeps into me - I feel the need to explore. There is something calling me, something I need to find.
Past fallen trees and random stones, moving mindlessly, I go deeper and deeper into the woods. I am like a little kid on a treasure hunt, stalking the unknown, wildly pursuing my prey.
Up a small hill and then through a clump of bushes and there it is - a clearing. A part of me is disappointed, after all it is just a clearing but another part of me is excited. I creep forward for no good reason, staying slightly behind the last clump of bushes. There is someone there.
In the middle of the clearing, a big tree - fifty or so feet high - was that there before ? My confusion is escalated by the person standing next to the tree - she is looking right at me. Her eyes are green - make that hazelish green. I know that somehow even though she is a good hundred feet away. What the hell is going on ?
I hear her call me and yet I don't. She wants me to enter this circle, to come and be with her. I feel schizophrenic - I am hearing her voice in my head and there is a crazy part of me that wants to go ahead and yet I hear my own mind's voice too, telling me to be careful.
 She waits for me to decide. Her eyes hold the key. Her hand is extended outward and the rest is up to me. I know to go with her is madness but my heart feels differently. I close my eyes and then I know what I must do.

There will be more of this story later - 
Frank

2 comments:

butterfly woman said...

Do we have to wait for next class to hear more or will you post soon? Left me hanging. I can relate to how you feel about being in the woods, good description of nature and your emotions.
(I think I'd better follow you next time-a green-eyed woman, hmmmmm!)
Marlotus

Soulsearcher said...

I'm intrigued! Keep going with this.

Diane