I want to thank our impromptu guest speaker. She gave us as a group several pieces of good advice. Here is a brief summary of some of the point she made.
1) Write what you know
2) Write what you love to write about
3) Start small - don't write "War and Peace" as your first piece to be published
4) Get known before you seek an agent
5) Hold out for a reputable publisher
6) don't get stopped by rejections
7) don't let your ego stop you from doing something you love (that is writing of course)
8) there is a need for pen names
Frank
P.S. Thank you Nora for coming and sharing your essay on heaven - I liked it.

4 comments:
It was nice that she stopped in. The advice was practical and realistic. Thanks for the summary of her main points.
I wish I would figure out how to do this correctly the first time. How often have I posted the same comment twice because of my confusion?
Several times - but this just shows your are human even though you write like an angel.
Frank
I'm glad Sue shared her life as a writer. She is also a gifted woodcarver which just goes to show there's so many aspects of us to explore. She has also supported me as an artist, coming to my shows.Nice way to end the night, Sue's talk and Nora's "Heaven" story.
Marlotus
Post a Comment