Stories

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mean People - I don't mean you

I don't know why people are mean to each other. Take this birthday cake for instance. Would you eat it if someone gave it to you on your birthday ? I would not and I did not think that Lin would either. That's why I kept it and its luscious creamy chocolate-ness to myself. Sorry Lin but someone had to save the world from this mean cake, so I chose me. And that is why you didn't get this cake from me. Happy belated birthday anyway.

4 comments:

butterfly woman said...

Well, why should I love you when you ate this all by yourself? In the middle of the night? Is that why you were bouncing off the walls so much? Can't believe you ate the icing, which you usually give me.
Well, Lin, at least he was thinking of you as he consumed the cake!
Now he'll be so full of sugar he'll be writing a novel in a day.

Lin said...

So, did you make this cake for me, Frank? Or did you just buy it "as is" thinking of me? Whatever. I know this isn't my cake because I think there is one person who loves me and it isn't my mother. Now, if the cake said "Nobody likes you"--could be a different story. Stand in line--the "hate Lin line" forms to the left........

Thanks for the wishes either way, Frank. Now--get writing and quit abusing me!! I'm checking your blog any minute.

Lin said...

Hey! I just noticed the short-skirted lap this cake is sitting on! I'm not asking........

Soulsearcher said...

It was very heroic of you to save the world from meanness! Thank you!