Stories

Monday, June 2, 2008

Story teaser

he Laughing Witch - a tale of silliness and sorcery

“Oooh,” she cooed as she laid the cards down in front of me.
“What, do that mean ?” I asked, “something bad?” I was in my dumb eager to know the future mode. I have used various disguises from time to time and I have found this one to be the most useful, probably because it was the most believable. It is not that hard for me to play dumb and eager.
The woman in front of me was unlike any tarot card reader I have ever seen. She was pretty but not buxom, or beguiling. Her hair was an ordinary brown (could have used a few highlights) and her clothes were , well, eclectic is the best description I can give. There were busy designs on both her blouse and skirt but strangely enough they did not seem to clash despite being vastly different in color, tone and decade of origin. The blouse seemed something out of the sixty’s and the skirt something out of her granny’s closet.
“Wow!” she exclaimed. This outburst seemed to catch her by surprise. She apologized to me. “I’m sorry to be so unprofessional but I have never seen such cards in a spread.” She stopped and thought about what she just said and then she looked at the cards again, looked at me, looked at the cards and . . .
“You should go.” she said suddenly as she got up from her chair. Her tone had changed dramatically from fun loving frolic to dead serious. “You are wasting my time.”


The rest of the story will posted on my blog later today - FRANK

0 comments: