They told her to write every day
paint every day
walk every day
drink green tea every day and pray every day.
Didn't they know she had to feed the cat every day, make the coffee every day, cook every day, do the dishes every day, bring the mail in every day, walk the dog every day and pick the kids up every day?
How could she let the balloons fly free above when the rocks held her down on the ground here below?

2 comments:
Everyday we do the duties of the "real" world, yearning for the freedom of heart that expresses itself through the things we love to do. Whereas the real world requires participation everyday, the heart asks only for a moment or maybe two. I like your use of the phrase "balloons and rocks" but still I do want you to write everyday. It is good for the heart.
Frank
I like this. It echos too many of our lives, unfortunately.
Post a Comment