Stories

Friday, January 18, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_Descending_a_Staircase,_No._2

Marcel Duchamp’s
“Nude Descending A Staircase”


Alien form in staccato passing
mutant hiccup
born of stuttering eye..

Mind gears grind
as piece parts
peel to
unoiled shudder,
jagged shoulder jarring elbow
shrill-cocked knee.

Cast-recast, cast-recast,
frozen frame through mucous haze :
Woman, naked,
descends .

Rudely, rudely
her fluidity
forced to heel
like shredded cabbage .




@jms 13feb86

1 comments:

butterfly woman said...

Frank says: I was surprised to find out there was multiple nude descending staircase pictures. I find that after viewing the picture, I was able to grasp what you were saying so well in your poem. Your poetry is beautiful and evocative and your use of language is phenom. I hope you are not intimidated by past successes. As life unfolds, we change in response to it. I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, thank god, and neither are you. What you write now in both style and subject matter will reflect the new you, the better you. I hope to see a rough draft soon.

Frank