Things I was thinking of instead of painting my bathroom:
1. Smooth walls and ceilings are underrated.
2. If you think a job will be an easy one, it won’t. It always costs more and takes more work than you ever imagined.
3. Sometimes, if you think a job will be a major one, it seldom is and you have the fun of saying “That was so much easier than I thought it would be! Why didn’t we do that years ago?” This does not happen very often, so enjoy the moment.
4. Engineers should not do home improvements. The previous owner jerry-rigged EVERYTHING.
5. Don’t let the cat in to help you paint. It’s not so funny when his painted tail is now painting the doorframe, the kid’s backpack, the rug, etc.
6. I find it very touching that my tadpole sprouted arms on Valentine’s Day. Nothing says “Be Mine” like growing a limb.
7. Paint takes a few washings to get out of your hair.
8. I couldn’t remember who said “My father couldn’t paint a damn, but that man could clean a brush!”, but it makes me laugh every single time I clean a paintbrush.
9. When I was younger and more agile, I had no money in which to do projects. Now I’ve got the money and the body is unwilling.
10. I should have married for money. Love doesn’t paint the walls.
Stories
Friday, February 22, 2008
Paint, Primer, and Procrastination
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment