Stories

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why I wrote the crabby old woman story

I wanted to give a contrast to the woman inferred to by Mutti in her story. Unlike her heroine, I wanted to paint mine as a no nonsense pioneer type woman, one who was raw and still upset that she was murdered. One who may not have had the best relationship with her daughter simply because they are two headstrong women. I like what Mutti has done with her story and I did not want to take away form that.
I would like anyone else or mutti even to come up with a reply or rebuttal to my story. I will say this though, I felt as if I were channeling someone when I wrote it. I think it was the crabby side of my own mother. But I did not intend for this to be a serious piece of writing, either.

Yours in the Tao, Frank

0 comments: