Quotations by Paul Gauguin (from Wikipedia.com)
* "In order to do something new we must go back to the source,
to humanity in its infancy."
* "Art is either plagiarism or revolution."
* "I have tried to make everything breathe in this painting:
belief, passive suffering, religious and primitive style, and the
great nature with its scream."
* "How do you see this tree? Is it really green? Use green,
then, the most beautiful green on your palette. And that shadow,
rather blue? Don't be afraid to paint it as blue as possible."
* "To me, barbarism is a rejuvenation."
* "I shut my eyes in order to see."
* "Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge."
* "Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?"
* "How long have I been here? Henceforward for? I shall not
know. For I have been traveling for too long. My bones too weary to
remember my age. Hence, how long have I been here? Thou shalt never
know."
* "It was Europe, the Europe which I had sought to shake
off....Was I to have made this journey, only to find the very thing
which I had fled?"
* "I must confess that I am myself a woman."
I do not know what you might do with these but feel free to write
something with them------Frank
[edit]

0 comments:
Post a Comment