Ragdoll, Ragdoll, you
old stuffed clown,
you’re bits and pieces
just like me.
Well-worn socks, a
pom-pom nose,
mismatched clothes-scraps
stitched by hand.
Two tattered sisters, long
neglected by clever fingers,
pulled together
in delicate alliance.
You, all crump and sniffle
bathe in sweet sadness.
While I, all scurry and intention
pluck at any spark or spangle
to stitch to the furious tangle
of my knotted psyche,
a curious patchwork
and I, the invention.
A discard’s dilemma: with you
wounded again and bleeding
poised beneath my needle,
just which of us
is being saved ?
@jms 28dec89
old stuffed clown,
you’re bits and pieces
just like me.
Well-worn socks, a
pom-pom nose,
mismatched clothes-scraps
stitched by hand.
Two tattered sisters, long
neglected by clever fingers,
pulled together
in delicate alliance.
You, all crump and sniffle
bathe in sweet sadness.
While I, all scurry and intention
pluck at any spark or spangle
to stitch to the furious tangle
of my knotted psyche,
a curious patchwork
and I, the invention.
A discard’s dilemma: with you
wounded again and bleeding
poised beneath my needle,
just which of us
is being saved ?
@jms 28dec89

2 comments:
Dear WordPainter:
The ragdoll may seem like an amalgam of rejected reuseables but it also can be a comforting thing to have around, something to embrace in times of trouble. The images you give to us readers are wonderful!
Frank
I also like the part about stitching together your own psyche by grabbing at promising bits and pieces, flitting from one 'saving' scrap to another. I always think the next project, next friend, next meal will heal me, and surprisingly, it often does!
mutti
Post a Comment